Spousal SupportHecht Schondorf will Provide Viable Answers To Your Questions About Spousal Support
There is no question that you need a knowledgeable, experienced attorney who can answer questions and advise on critical legal issues that have the power to impact your life and financial well-being now and in the future. Spousal support takes many forms, and we will do our best to understand your situation, advocate for you and help navigate your journey.
If you are going through the challenge of divorce, you probably have a considerable list of questions you would like answered. Some of the more intriguing and challenging questions current and potential clients ask include:
- My (ex) spouse and I enjoyed a standard of living higher than our means during our marriage. Will the judge factor this into the amount I’m asked to pay?
- What if my ex-partner moves in with their new partner, gains that income, and never remarries? Am I entitled to a deduction in support?
- Is alimony permanent?
- Does the amount of alimony stay the same no matter what my former partner’s income becomes?
- Does my situation qualify me for spousal support? What does?
- Under what conditions does spousal support end?
- What about the earning capacity of my ex-spouse?
- If my ex -partner dies, do I still receive alimony payments from their estate?
- How is the amount of support determined, and who determines that?
- I worked overtime in order to support our lifestyle. Can the court order me to continue working overtime?
- My former partner started receiving a pension benefit. can this mean I get more financial support?
- Can receiving child support lower my spousal support award?
- Is there any way to guarantee payment of spousal support?
- Will receiving spousal support change my tax bracket?
- Can spousal support be waived?
- What are things I can do to get spousal support terminated?
Consult a Lawyer
Contact us or call (312) 878-1202 for a FREE Strategy Session and we can discuss your needs, concerns, options and take positive actions!