You Provide the Questions about Spousal Support – Hecht Schondorf will Provide Viable Answers
If you’re going through the challenge of divorce, you probably have a considerable list of questions you’d like answered – hopefully by a Family and Divorce lawyer whose expertise you trust – an attorney with a different focus – one that is directed at you and your needs and not the billable hour.
Some of the more intriguing and challenging questions current and potential clients ask me include:
- My (ex) spouse and I enjoyed a standard of living higher than our means during our marriage. Will the judge factor this into the amount I’m asked to pay?
- What if my ex-partner moves in with their new partner, gains that income, and never remarries? Am I entitled to a deduction in support?
- Is alimony permanent?
- Does the amount of alimony stay the same no matter what my former partner’s income becomes?
- Does my situation qualify me for spousal support? What does?
- Under what conditions does spousal support end?
- What about the earning capacity of my ex-spouse?
- If my ex -partner dies, do I still receive alimony payments from their estate?
- How is the amount of support determined, and who determines that?
- I worked overtime in order to support our lifestyle. Can the court order me to continue working overtime?
- My former partner started receiving a pension benefit. can this mean I get more financial support?
- Can receiving child support lower my spousal support award?
- Is there any way to guarantee payment of spousal support?
- Will receiving spousal support change my tax bracket?
- Can spousal support be waived?
- What are things I can do to get spousal support terminated?
There’s no question that you’ve got to have a knowledgeable, experienced attorney who can answer these and other critical legal issues that have the power to impact your life and financial well-being today and far into the future. In addition to knowing the law, I know that support takes many forms and I will do my best as an advocate and understanding person to provide it.
Contact Us or call (312) 878-1202 for a free consultation and we can discuss your needs, concerns, options and positive actions!